LOHO 10002

Jump to: Home | Events Calendar | Archive | Local News | Images | Web Alerts | Entertainment | Links | Discussion | Contact
Produced by a bunch of smart, opinionated, dishy, nosy, funny New Yorkers
who love to run around Lower Manhattan eating, going to movies and plays, listening to music, taking pictures, and sharing all the dish




Public Official Doing Her Job Fast


BEFORE: Pothole on Grand near Henry & Jackson


AFTER: Pothole on Grand near Henry & Jackson
by Yori Yanover

DAY ONE

Susan Stetzer
District Manager
Community Board 3, Manhattan

Dear Susan,

A few months ago, as you may recall, I asked you to help in repairing a pothole on Grand Street, near Henry and Jackson. You intervened and shortly thereafter it was filled up.

Well, now it’s open again, a serious sink hole, threatening cars, pedestrians, and most frighteningly, cyclists.

Two calls to 311 have yielded zilch. Could you please pick up your municipal wand again and wave it over our sinkhole?

All the best,

Yori Yanover

DAY TWO

SS: Can u give me complaint numbers?

YY: No, I never wait for them. I consider the time they force you to wait until they process you a kind of detention. So I hang up.

SS: In the future, it would be very helpful if you give us the complaint number. We always start with making sure the complaint is in 311--then we can get agency to follow up. Sometimes, if the complaint is in the system, they won't let us make it again and we can't get agency information to follow up.

YY: So, should I start again with 311, or are you on it?

SS: We are on it.

A COUPLE DAYS LATER

Dear Susan,

I'm enclosing a picture taken yesterday, of the repaired pothole in question. I'm told it's actually been fixed since Monday this week. I thank you for your help, as do my car, my bike and my legs.

I hope folks reading this will follow my example and flood your email with call for help on government service in the 10002 zip code.

All the best,

Yori Yanover

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home