LOHO 10002

Jump to: Home | Events Calendar | Archive | Local News | Images | Web Alerts | Entertainment | Links | Discussion | Contact
Produced by a bunch of smart, opinionated, dishy, nosy, funny New Yorkers
who love to run around Lower Manhattan eating, going to movies and plays, listening to music, taking pictures, and sharing all the dish




Grand Entertainment

by Pat Arnow

Grand Street yesterday evening provided some sights that demonstrate why New York City is the most engaging place to walk around:


1) The ears have it: A single stalk of corn grows between a parking meter and a sapling.


2) Full City Coffee is all tricked out with new outdoor tables, looking like a proper sidewalk cafe at last for this part of the Lower East Side.


3) Could it be, yes it is, a man riding a tricked-out bike while carrying another bike over his shoulder. Impressive. That's the second-most-impressive carrying feat I've seen on a bike. I know I'm one-upping myself here, but I want to share the most impressive carrying feat by a bicyclist. My sister and I witnessed it near Battery Park City more than a year ago. A man carried a mattress on his back while he rode (single-bed size, but still...). It was tied to his body with string (not even rope), and he steadied it with one hand and rode with the other. Mo and I cheered and applauded him as he went by.


4) Awww. A big plush tiger was caged and paws up in a little fenced triangle of plantings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home