LOHO 10002

Jump to: Home | Events Calendar | Archive | Local News | Images | Web Alerts | Entertainment | Links | Discussion | Contact
Produced by a bunch of smart, opinionated, dishy, nosy, funny New Yorkers
who love to run around Lower Manhattan eating, going to movies and plays, listening to music, taking pictures, and sharing all the dish




Who Flew These Homes In from Jersey?

by Yori Yanover

They look like a transplant from suburbia, including the fact that they’re such a clean-cut vision in the middle of bar city, at Stanton and Suffolk Streets (130-148 Suffolk). I’d been eyeing this unusual structure – unusual only down here, of course – for a few days, and this morning took out the Treo and started a-shootin’.


This immediately raised the attention of a maintenance person who wanted to know which accident I was attempting to document – is there any other reason to take pictures of street corners? When I said I was just curious about the homes she became visibly relaxed and told me they’re called Suffolk Homes Condominium, built circ. 2001. I was half hoping they were some kind of Jimmy Carter-made low income houses, but she quickly disabused me of my illusions. This place is luxury housing – and they’re selling as we speak.


This is their web page, incidentally. I’m so disillusioned, I think I’ll have a tirade, then send it to Lockhart Steele to link and get thousands of readers…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure these were built under an affordable housing initiative.

10/25/2006 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home