LOHO 10002

Jump to: Home | Events Calendar | Archive | Local News | Images | Web Alerts | Entertainment | Links | Discussion | Contact
Produced by a bunch of smart, opinionated, dishy, nosy, funny New Yorkers
who love to run around Lower Manhattan eating, going to movies and plays, listening to music, taking pictures, and sharing all the dish




Already Voted, Now It's Fingernail Biting and Beer

by Yori Yanover

Yesterday I spotted the voting machines truck parked outside 573-7 Grand Street. It was a relief to see that we're still using those old iron horses, instead of the Venezuelan robots. I dread the day those cheat-me screens invade my voting station.


The average age of our election committee is down from around 80 to 60. I hope everybody's OK.


The line at 8:00 AM was short, patient, civil and polite.


There was considerable police presence at the voting station. When the guy on the right arrived, the uniformed lady actually saluted him!


Voted for Havesy for Comptroller, because I liked his contrite commercial.


Couldn't bring myself to vote for Cuomo or Clinton - voted for the respective Libertarians instead.

2 Comments:

Blogger eve said...

Wow! I've had the kids in the booth with me before to witness Democracy, or what passes for it here, firsthand, but that is the first time I've ever been in the booth wwith another grownup!

Seems almost indecent. Lady Liberty lifting her skirt, and then some.

11/07/2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger תיקון ישראל said...

Me and Lady Liberty, we go back...

11/07/2006 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home