LOHO 10002

Jump to: Home | Events Calendar | Archive | Local News | Images | Web Alerts | Entertainment | Links | Discussion | Contact
Produced by a bunch of smart, opinionated, dishy, nosy, funny New Yorkers
who love to run around Lower Manhattan eating, going to movies and plays, listening to music, taking pictures, and sharing all the dish




Mother and Daughter

by Yori Yanover

It was a busy Thursday afternoon, I was looking for the perfect shot for a Grand Street News cover that would effectively mock the DOT’s new, unilaterally imposed bike lanes on Grand Street, so at first I viewed these two ladies crossing the street as yet another delay I had to put up with before I get the image I needed. But then I saw the dignity and the complete self containment of these two persons, unhurriedly, quietly pacing across the intersection, entirely together, entirely at piece with one another. The funny thing is, I thought I had taken a whole bunch of shots of them, but when I checked my camera memory card I only found three. I guess I spent most of the time just staring in astonishment.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home