LOHO 10002

Jump to: Home | Events Calendar | Archive | Local News | Images | Web Alerts | Entertainment | Links | Discussion | Contact
Produced by a bunch of smart, opinionated, dishy, nosy, funny New Yorkers
who love to run around Lower Manhattan eating, going to movies and plays, listening to music, taking pictures, and sharing all the dish




This Sat 8:30 Laurie Hosting Downtown Rock Event


Laurie Gwen Shapiro
Laurie Gwen Shapiro

I weighed yet another mass email, but frankly this may be the only time ever I share a stage with the fabulous folks from Luna! See me try and pass myself off as a funny with-it type of gal. (Paul: "A recipe for disaster") Sure, years ago I had my arm around Jeff Buckley and told him not to be nauseous, his poetry was fabulous and going to go over fine, but that was what, 1996? I'll never be this hip again, ever. It's all down hill from here. Even Paul raised an eyebrow at the line up and has decided to come - I think more for Luna.

I promise promise promise you no musician poetry - the musicians below are SINGING Unplugged Style.

Please note while produced by Tonic, this actual event is at the big theater at Henry Street Settlement Theater/Abrons Art Center at 466 Grand Street near the F Delancey Stop or M14A stop on Grand and Pitt - not at Tonic itself.

TONIC'S NAUGHTY & NICE HOLIDAY CONCERT @ AAC Emceed by author Laurie Gwen Shapiro with Chocolate Genius, Dean Wareham and Britta Phillips (from Luna), Elysian Fields, Heather Greene, Laura Cantrell & The Honorary Title

At Abrons Arts Center on Saturday 16 December at 8:30 PM. It will be a unique holiday extravaganza with seasonal serenades from this mad cast of renowned downtown tunesmiths. Don't miss it!

Tickets are $20 and can be purchased through www.ticketweb.com/

Totally understand if you can't come - but if you can let me know and I'll look out for ya.

Cheers from Laurie (Gwen Shapiro)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home